autogsdoc questions and suggestions

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: autogsdoc questions and suggestions
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 01:25:53 +0200

hi,

I have a few questions concerning autogsdoc. First of all, I think it is a nice
tool. Besides that, I was not able to find some readable and clean examples
about how to use that tool.

QUESTIONS

1. How can I use CSS with HTML files generated by autogsdoc?
2. I have several frameworks:
   /SourceRoot
       /Documentation
       /Frameworks
           /Framework1
           /Framework2
How can I make top level documentation .html file containing references to all
frameworks, and how can put it into GNUmakefile? Somtehing like 'suite
contents'.

3. If I do not specify authors, I still can see Authors header in generated
.html file, how can i remove that?
4. How can I tell autogsdoc to move authors and date to the bottom of the page?
5. Where should I put templates for such directory layout if they are common
for all frameworks, except names?
6. How can I specify a template for class documentation? I do not want
Contents, Authors and 'Software documentation for ...' title. The title is not
necessary, because I already know that i am looking at class documentation.
What i want is only a class name, description, declared in/conforms to, method
index and method descriptions.

Maybe more questions comming soon.

SUGGESTIONS

I think that autogsdoc should strictly differentiate between pure class
documentation and some generic documentation (like text in chapters).

What do you think about using code from DevelopmentKit in Autogsdoc?
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/develkit/ (see examples in Testing
directory)

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/develkit/DevelopmentKit/Testing/template.txt?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
or
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/develkit/DevelopmentKit/Frameworks/DevelopmentKit/ClassTemplate.m?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Thanks,

Stefan

--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi