Re: Input Servers

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: Input Servers
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:53:42 +0900

Fred Kiefer wrote:

Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:

Could someone tell me why GNUstep doesn't use input servers, while
NSInputServer is implemented?

As far as I remember they get used in NSResponder and thereby in all sub classes.

Fred

I see that an NSInputManager is used there, though it doesn't use any NSInputServer. One of the init methods of NSInputManager accepts an instance of NSInputServer, but
the instance is not used in the current implementation of NSInputManager.

I don't think this conforms to what is written in
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/InputManager/index.html

So I'm wondering why this particular part of GNUstep is implemented like above.

- Kazu