Re: ANN: back-art resources 0.1.1

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: ANN: back-art resources 0.1.1
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:51:06 -0000

Chris B. Vetter <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, all fonts are free to use, that is, there are no
> restrictions to use and distribution I could find.

At the very least, your Vera fonts have the same "All Rights Reserved"
as the ArtResources ones.  Picking another at random, Cardiff, shows
that has a similar "All rights reserved" statement.

Being unable to find restrictions to use/distribution is not sufficient.
The default copyright position in most countries is "All Rights Reserved"
and you need an explicit permission to copy and distribute.  Can you fix
the collection as necessary, please?  If you have such a permission
notice, please include it in the tarball.  If you don't, you probably
ought to remove it from download.

Sorry to be a legal conscience here.  IANAL, but someone needs to make
sure this is done right lest it costs us dearly :-(
      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884