missing text on x11 backend

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: missing text on x11 backend
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:02:13 +0200

Hello

currentroply I copmiled the whole gnustep on linux debian 68k, yes on
"woody" release ti seems to compile OK, while on my usual box which I update
regularly, compiling fails. i suspect gcc 3.3 is badly broken.

Anyway the problem is there is NO text display at all. an application opens,
works, menus and icons appear, but no text in menues or in dialog box
appears. I have read other people had this problem recently.

riccardo