Re: Renaissance and EOInterface

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Renaissance and EOInterface
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:34:01 +0100

> How much effort would it be to add something like this to Renaissance?

Adding new classes to Renaissance is actually quite easy. When I
added the NSBrowser tag I had to aass

1) + tagName - returns what the tag will be,
2) + defaultPlatformObjectClass - returns the class of the object
3) - platformObjectInit - initialises the object

The last one is where the dirtywork is done. That reads out all the
attributes associated with the object and sets it up. take a look
at some of the other classes for examples.

I cant remembr how you ass the class to the list of available tags... I have
a feeling it gets it automatically somehow by respolding to the tagName
and defaultPlatformObjectClass methods possibly...

-bat.