ANN: Guides in beta

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: ANN: Guides in beta
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:11:38 +0200

Hi all,

I have been working on the following Guides lately:
- GNUstep UI elements
- SystemOverview
- GNUstep User Guide

As you can see there are two seperate guides, one for the GNUstep
elements  (GUI elements) and a User Guide that is more generic and
expects a environment/Desktop.
This split was necessary since the GNUstep UI elements is something that
really belongs to GNUstep, while a User Guide (as I started it) does not
belong to GNUstep (but is needed anyway, when people first try to
interact with GNUstep applications and most likely WindowMaker).

To help myself getting things clear I created:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/ all documents found there are under
development and might take some time before they are useable. The
GNUstep Library Index needs a lot of linking to the GNUstep site, and
well there is overall a lot to be done :)

To get things up-to-speed I could use some input. Thanks to Jef
Teunissen I won't be bored during the next couple of weeks, since he
already supplied me with a lots of comments errors and the like. But you
know the drill: The more eyeballs...

So I would like some input, corrections, omissions, etc.

Let me know. BTW it might be wise to just send your comments to me, and
not to the list. Think this will be appreciated.

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw