problems building CVS on solaris

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: problems building CVS on solaris
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:50:10 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to build the CVS version of gnustep on solaris, to see if some
got  problems solved and anyway to stay up-to-date.

I am trying to make and install -gui.

i did "make" and that went on correctly!

when I make as usually "sudo make install" i get:

autogsdoc -Project Gui -DocumentationDirectory Gui -DocumentationDirectory
../Do
cumentation/Gui -HeaderDirectory ../Headers/AppKit -Declared AppKit
-Standards Y
ES -ConstantsTemplate TypesAndConstants -FunctionsTemplate Functions
-MacrosTemp
late Functions -TypedefsTemplate TypesAndConstants -VariablesTemplate
TypesAndCo
nstants -WordMap '{ APPKIT_EXPORT=extern;APPKIT_DECLARE="";
DEFINE_RINT_IF_MISSI
NG=""; }' -Up Gui ../Documentation/Gui.gsdoc GSDisplayServer.h
GSFusedSilica.h G
<snip>
ld.so.1: autogsdoc: fatal: libgnustep-base.so.1: open failed: No such file
or directory
make[3]: *** [generate-autogsdoc] Killed

but the library exists well built in the gstep tree
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.6/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnuste
p-base.so
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.6/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnuste
p-base.so.1
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.6/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnuste
p-base.so.1.7.0
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.6/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnuste
p-base.so.1.7.1

btw, as you see there are two versions. I wonder why it is looking for .so.1
and not say .so

should I maybe remove so.1.7.0 ?

-riccardo