Re: GNUstep cookbook: frontend to df. <VirusChecked>

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep cookbook: frontend to df. <VirusChecked>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:20:35 +0200

On 02.07.2003 16:12:32 Nicolas Roard wrote:
>On 2003-07-02 11:47:51 +0000 Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
><Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de>
>> Well, I donwloaded the HTML and the CSS to fiddle around with it a
little ;-).

>> The CSS is not the problem. The nesting of <div>s is:
>
>(snip)
>
>> This way the CSS definitions for the <div class="article"> interfere
with the
>CSS definitions for <div class="notes"> and <div class="note">. Some
Browsers
>might get this right but not all.
>>
>> I changed it to:

>>          Introduction

>>          Table of Contents

>>          Article

>Ok this one won't work well -- you should have only one div of class
article.
>It's quite
>strange that it works with IE !!!  (and it doesn't works with mozilla)
>Anyway, I modified the article to have :
>
>It works with mozilla with that structure; I think it should works too
with IE.

>> I have attached some screenshots to show the effect (IE 5.0 Win only,
OmniWeb
>has expired, I can't start it anymore until I buy a license. It looked
even
>worse in OmniWeb).
>
>Ok. Tell me if the new structure correct the problem !

Well, after the changes the pages looked like version2.jpg .

Adding a "float: left;" to the notes class in css makes it look like
version3.jpg.

.notes {
        float: left;
        width: 230px;
        height: 90%;
        position: absolute;
        position: fixed;
        overflow: auto;
        left: 20px;
        top: 30px;
}

Btw. a coworker told me that there is no way to make "position: fixed;" work in
IE (any version). But I think that is not so much a problem. At
least the page no longer looks somewhat distorted.

>thanks,

Greetings, Lars