Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:57:57 -0000

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de> wrote:
> On 23.06.2003 22:09:49 MJ Ray wrote:
>>Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de> wrote:
>>> Why should anyone want this? IMHO you did not understand contextual menus.
>>IMHO you did not understand the context of this question.  I reject the
>>assertion that context menus are only has hidden as submenus because
>>they cannot be made visible outside their temporary pop-up state.
> Why the hell should they be made visible outside their popup state? they
[...]
> think you are blinded somewhat by wrong implementations of context menus.

Will you please stop trying to read my mind and just read what I write
down?  This is a very frustrating exchange.  If you look all the way
back to the start of this subthread, you will see that it was claimed
that context menus were only as hidden as submenus.  I then ask how
context menus can be made always visible, because you can do that with
submenus and it's faster to move to a visible thing than a hidden thing.
If context menus cannot be always visible, then they are definitely more
hidden than submenus, contradicting the original claim.

By ignoring the context of this discussion, you are making this subthread
pointlessly long and I shall not answer if you do it again.  Sorry.

[...]
>>Regardless, moving to something visible is known to be faster than moving
>>to something invisible.  App menus that you use a lot can be made visible
>>for longer than a mouse click.
> You don't move at all here. Instead of clicking left on an object and
> moving to the menu you click right on an object - select it thereby - and
> viola: the context menus opens right under your mouse.

Does the context menu always open with the item that you want right
under the mouse pointer?  No?  Then you still have to move and the
destination can't be visible when you start the interaction.

That was the point!

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."