Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:32:52 +0200

On 23.06.2003 22:11:32 MJ Ray wrote:
>Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de> wrote:
>> Well, you won't be able to force a "bad" developer to develop "good"
>> applications. Also not by restrictim him.
>
>If you don't want to restrict them, do you think we should throw the UIG
>away completely?

No, of course not. But I don't think restricting is the way. Publish those
UIG at www.gnustep.org in a prominent place and the rest will happen by
itself. For instance distribution maintainer play an important role here:
They could - for instance - decide only to include apps that match those
UIG. this force is more likely to be successfull.

By restricting something you either scare away people or people start to
implement things on their very own way - which is more inconsistent (like
it was under Mac OS 7.x). I allready mentioned this.

Lars