Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:45:55 +0300

On 2003-06-22 21:31:49 +0300 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

On 2003-06-22 10:32:03 +0000 Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:

Yes, I'd like to write such a thing.
I knew that screenshot and I've the sources of that free version from peanuts.
The only problem, visible if you look at the screenshot, is that I can't have
transparent space between the tabs. The NSTabView must be in a borderless
window and this window will have a background color; it will not be transparent.
If somebody can suggest a solution for this or a aesthetically valid
alternative, I'll write the shelf.

I already wrote a panel like that :
http://www.roard.com/screenshots/screenshot_gnustep.png
sources available here : http://www.roard.com/download/Panel.tgz You could have
a transparent windows (that's the case), but it's only possible
with back-art.

I'm currently in the process of rewriting it cleanly, and with more features
(possibility of using it as a shelf or a dock (nextstep and osx style)).
Screenshots (1-6) here :
http://www.xdev.org/Dock6.png

Cool! Do you think to release something soon?
Two question: in the screenshot there is a file viewer that uses a browser with icons in
the matrix cells; is it my browser with "styleMask |= GWIconCellsMask" or
something else? And I see that you have icons of .jpg files that show a preview of the
image. How do you get this?