RE: Problems with Objc Runtime and Foundation Classes

From: S.B., Vaitheeswaran
Subject: RE: Problems with Objc Runtime and Foundation Classes
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:48:19 -0700

If you have suggested this in the context of the single windows
installer that does all the installation then I am not sure how I can
make the change in "ffcall/trampoline/config.h" and then restart the
installation process. On the other hand I am trying to install
everything manually by following instructios in readme.mingwin once
again. I get stuck at this point, when installing ffcall, make install
fails like this:
"
$ make install
cd avcall; make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vsb/GNUStep/ffcall-1.8d/avcall'
if [ ! -d C:/GNUstep/System ] ; then mkdir -p C:/GNUstep/System ; fi
if [ ! -d C:/GNUstep/System ] ; then mkdir -p C:/GNUstep/System ; fi
if [ ! -d C:/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32 ] ; then mkdir -p
C:/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32 ; fi
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=install /bin/install -c -m 644 libavcall.la
C:/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32/libavcall.la
libtool: install: `C:/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32' must be an
absolute directory name
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vsb/GNUStep/ffcall-1.8d/avcall'
make: *** [install] Error 2
"

but if I just do the ./configure without any parameters then make
install succeeds but I get a problem while installing gnustep-base.
"
 Linking library libgnustep-base ...
gnustep-base.exp(.edata+0x574):fake: undefined reference to
`__objc_class_name_GSFFCallInvocation'
C:\msys\1.0\mingw\bin\dllwrap.exe: gcc exited with status 1
make[2]: *** [shared_obj/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu/gnustep-base.dll]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vsb/GNUStep/gnustep-base-1.6.0/Source'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2
"

I've tried copying the ffcal libraries manually to
C:\GNUstep\System\Libraries\ix86\mingw, still doesn't compile. Any
pointers ?

Vaithee.