Re: of applications for gnustep...

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: of applications for gnustep...
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:58:55 -0700

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:49:29 +0200
Philip Mötteli <moetteli.bulk@bluewin.ch> wrote:
[...]
> > Yes, Objective-C++ will allow you to use existing libraries and
> > frameworks like WebCore -- which shouldn't have been written in the
> > first place (in Objective-C++ that is).
> You mean the authors of KHTML shouldn't have written it in C++ or
> Apple should have written an ObjC-"KTHTML"?

Well, a "cleaner" approach on Apple's part would have been the use of a
wrapper, although Apple probably was in too much of a hurry to get the
thing going, as a wrapper takes more time to develop.

But yes, the cleanest way would have been a complete re-write in ObjC of
course. I've spend several hours sifting through WebCore and I (still)
believe it's possible to re-implement the whole thing in ObjC. I admit,
it won't be trivial, but possible never the less.

--
Chris