Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??

From: Lachlan Deck
Subject: Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:12:13 +1000

Hi there,

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 03:37 AM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

Those people lucky (?) enough to drop by in #GNUstep almost all pose the same questions and present the same problems over and over again, and in
almost all cases, we can help them out.

However, those who don't drop by, will simply give up when/if it seems
too hard to figure it out on their own.

Well, as a first time visitor (took the bait after seeing the recent article on MacObserver.com), I'm very intrigued. I haven't had time to download anything yet (final exams/degree looming).

I'm intrigued and very interested in getting involved (after exams). The thing that really interests me is the fact (or my impression rather) that GNUstep is modelled after NeXTSTEP, has not been bloated by all kinds of various factions, and therefore has the opportunity to build a very solid environment - so for me that means an opportunity to be involved.

But, this puts me outside the scope of the typical 'user' that you described...
So, I should be back asking questions next month.

with regards,

--
Lachlan Deck
ldeck@tpg.com.au