Popup button shortcut keys

From: Rob Burns
Subject: Popup button shortcut keys
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:21:25 +0700

I have an NSPopupButton with three items and a shortcut key for each item, and
I think it behaves strangly in a couple instances:

- if a text field is being edited, the shortcut keys don't work
- if the popup button has focus, the shortcut key for the first item will open
the menu, and let you use the arrow keys to select a menu item, instead of
selecting the first item. The other shortcut keys behave as normal.

I haven't been able to find documentation, on how it should work, but that
doesn't seem quite right. Could anybody verify in Openstep and/or osx what it
is supposed to be doing?

Rob