Re: RE : Horizontal menus. ...and other interface concepts

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: RE : Horizontal menus. ...and other interface concepts
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:38:38 -0000

thisguyisi <thisguyisi@earthlink.net> wrote:
> In what way? Like anything else in the system, if there is more than a
> single "locked-down" implementation, it should have a preferences bundle

And if it is Evil Bad and Wrong, it should not even be a preference.
There is one right way to do menus in latin script, and that is as a
vertical list of lines.  Having both will split the code and make
testing even harder.

The current (vertical) menu is in one of the fastest places to access
and having it jump around like a gadfly is a bug, not a feature.  Please
don't screw with it.

Flame away.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."