How to create variables of type unichr in GS?

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: How to create variables of type unichr in GS?
Date: 28 May 2003 12:37:57 -0700

I'm working on a Unicode character map for GNUstep now, but
am a bit unsure of how to display Unicode characters. The character
map should
look something like gucharmap (gucharmap.sourceforge.net), with each
cell
showing a single Unicode character. However, I don't know how to use
the
GNUstep data type 'unichar'. Is there a way to assign a character to
it
through a hex value? For example, in Python, I would create a
character
containing "GREEK SMALL LETTER PI" like this:

unicode_character = unichr(0x3C0)

Is there a similar function in GNUstep?

And once I have a unichr variable, can I display it directly on the
screen with the usual GUI functions?

Of course, if I look like I'm entirely on the wrong track, please
correct me.

Christopher Culver