Re: RE : Horizontal menus.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: RE : Horizontal menus.
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:52:47 +0200

Dennis Leeuw writes:

> I tried to stay out of this discussion, but since it leaves the
> impression on this list that most are in favour of being able to use
> horizontal menus, I'd like to say I am not. To prevent a flame war I
> would also like to say that everybody is free in his/her choice of
> using menus the way they want them to be, but to adjust an interface
> just to make horizontal menus happen, is in my, not so humble,
> opinion not a good idea.

Me neither.

It seems  to me that it's simple  enought to gather all  the leaf menu
items on the main menu and move them automatically to an "Application"
menu if you have to have horizontal menu.

So the  user interface  should be designed  with the vertical  menu in
mind, and should be used like this.

If some perverse user wants  to have horizontal menu, the software can
do this transformation for him.  Note  that he will still want to have
a vertical menu as a pop-up menu anyway!

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.