Re: RE : Horizontal menus.

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: RE : Horizontal menus.
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 20:45:22 +0000

On 2003-05-27 09:00:06 +0200 Björn Giesler <giesler@ira.uka.de> wrote:
I agree. I think this is something which should probably go into
Preferences.app, since it's a decision that will probably be made
once and  stay that way forever; personally, I wouldn't want to
change menu styles  on a per-app basis.

That being said, here's my €.02: Although I'm a fan of Apple's menu
bar,  what's really nice is NeXT's right-click menu, where you get
the entire  menu (vertical style) with a right click on any app
window. It's fast, and  you get it without moving the mouse at all.
Would it be possible to have  the menu bar and keep the right-click
menu?

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
If we agree on some common menu structure for horizonal and vertical
menu, then this war is over. There will be no need for designing two
menu interfaces and both caps can be happy of using their style of
menu.

I do like next interface, however I am against sticking with it
forewer. I think that it is only a matter of compromise and will (to
change).

I agree in all those aspects!

Dirk