new icons and such... ideas?

From: Travis Tilley
Subject: new icons and such... ideas?
Date: 25 May 2003 17:56:09 -0400

Hi all. Me and my artistic friend dan are going to work on icons for
gnustep tomorrow, starting with gorm. What does everyone here thing
icons should look like? My main goal is to make some things more soft
and inviting... a bit more smooth and friendly. I want to try and be
consistant, and not be distracting.

so far from the channel i have gotten:
dont make them look like osx (dont worry i wont)
make them more descriptive than pretty
affiche and gnumail have nice icons, as does mplayer
encod needs help
waiho needs an icon desperately
talksoup needs an icon
better icons for code editor, project center, and gorm would be
appreciated
artsy people tend to forget about function (heh)
dont let RFM do icons (???)

Travis Tilley
aka
Lv