Re: Ignoring Framework/Library Headers

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Ignoring Framework/Library Headers
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:30:20 +0200

Lyndon Tremblay wrote:

I've compiled a command-line tool (clipboard, written for OSX, http://itp.stanford.edu/~zunger/clipboard.html). It uses NSPasteboard and NSString AppKitAdditions, and since it was set up as just a plain tool, it was not set up to link with -gui. It found headers for AppKit, so this only resulted in errors at link time. I don't think it should have found the AppKit headers, of course.

Well if it uses NSPasteboard, which is defined in -gui, then it must use -gui. It is debatable whether -gui is the right place for NSPasteboard, but since we're trying to be compatible with OS (X), we don't really have a choice, do we ;-)

Cheers,
Dave