gnustep-base-1.6.0 Testing Output

From: Chris Beaham
Subject: gnustep-base-1.6.0 Testing Output
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 07:28:31 +0200

Good Morning Everyone

I am trying to get the gnustep-base-1.6.0 snapshot up and running on Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8) and it is difficult to determine what the programs in the "Testing" subdirectory should actually do. What I mean to say, is that I have no predefined output listing of each program that I can compare my results to. I have tried to run almost all of the programs, however some of them output absolutely nothing to the terminal, but when I look at the code, I see printf's and NSLog stuff all over the place. Obviously something is wrong.

Can anyone send me a correct output listing of each test program?! Does this already exist somewhere? IMHO, this should be a part of the distribution itself.

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Chris

BTW, here is the configuration that I am using:

SunOS 5.8 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 (I also have a Sun Blade 150, Sun Fire 100, and Sun Fire 120)

gcc 3.2.2
GNU ld 2.11.2

GNUstep Snapshots (tgz files, NOT from CVS)
gnustep-make-1.6.0
gnustep-base-1.6.0

ffcall-1.8d
libiconv-1.7
libxml2-2.4.2
openssl-0.9.6g

Please note that I did not give "configure" any options during my installation.

Chris Beaham
Manager Software Development & Engineering
chris.beaham@pcs-ag.com
development@pcs-ag.com

PCS Process Control Systems AG
Werkstrasse 8