Re: Horizontal menus.

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Horizontal menus.
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:01:32 +0200

On 13.05.2003 23:32:08 Michael Hanni wrote:
>http://www.cc.utah.edu/~msh3/hor-menus7.png

I know that i will be flamed tarred and feathered for this ;-) I must say
I am astonished, this looks realy great! Keep your tail up and continue
your work, what ever there may come...!

>http://www.cc.utah.edu/~msh3/WildMenus-0.03.tgz
>
>In advance: I don't care what you think, do not email me and bitch. This
code
>is rough, it's not perfect, it's a quick hack. Don't freak out, don't
loss your
>marbles, don't pass out.
>
>With that said: you'll need rIO's theme bundle loader patch (I've
included it).
>The README shows you a little of what needs to be done.
>
>Known issues:
>
>1.) popup buttons in Gorm application are visually "disturbed".
>2.) "Scripting" menu is b0rked. (I don't have this so I don't know why it
is
>so.)
>3.) what goes in the app menu? what doesn't?

on Mac OS X:
---------------------------
About Application

Settings...      cmd ,      (comma that is)

Services >                  (shows submenu)

Hide Apllication cmd H
Hide Others      alt cmd H
Show All

Quit Application cmd Q
---------------------------

This is the default content of the Apllication menu. Some Apps have more
content (for instance Check for Updates below About) but Quit is always
the lowermost entry.

>4.) you need to blow away your saved menu locations before using, or you
will
>get the "floating" menubar ghost.
>5.) if you add stuff to the menu after it has been set as the main menu
funny
>things can happen (this is a case I haven't covered yet.)
>6.) much more stuff.
>
>Once again: ideas in the form of patches are ok, other bitching is not.
>
>Michael
>
>=====

greetings, Lars