Re: NSTask terminate

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: NSTask terminate
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:21:28 +0200

Björn Giesler wrote:
I´m playing around a bit with NSTask, launching, terminating, and re-launching the same NSTask object, and I´ve found that it´s not possible to give a task object a different path and arguments if it has been launched once, even if it was terminated since. I.e. the task object keeps a BOOL _hasLaunched which is set upon [aTask launch] but never re-set.

Is this correct behaviour? Does this mean I have to create a new NSTask object every time? If not, I´ll submit a patch.

Apple docs:
---snip---
An NSTask can only be run once. Subsequent attempts to run an NSTask raise an error.
---snap---

regards,
  Helge
Helge Hess                         Email:    helge.hess@skyrix.com
SKYRIX Software AG                 Tel:      +49-391-6623-0
Universitaetsplatz 12              Fax:      +49-391-6623-599
39104 Magdeburg, Germany           Internet: http://www.skyrix.com
Exchange your Exchange                http://developer.skyrix.com/