Re: GDL2 questions

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GDL2 questions
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 13:42:39 +0200

Hi Dirk,

just following up...

Dirk Lattermann wrote:

Does the framework look for a model file in some standard places and
does it use the first model that contains the needed Entity definition
(employees in my example)?
What are these places?

See: http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/webobjects/WebObjects_4.5/System/Library/Frameworks/EOAccess.framework/ObjC_classic/Classes/EOModelGroup.html#//apple_ref/occ/clm/EOModelGroup/globalModelGroup

It searches in the application bundle and all frameworks bundles, but since you're writing a tool, you probably have niether. (Maybe we should also look into the tool resources for GNUstep... but for now you could use this approach:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/webobjects/WebObjects_4.5/System/Library/Frameworks/EOAccess.framework/ObjC_classic/Classes/More/EOModelGroup.html

I have constructed an EOModel programmatically that represents my little
test database, how can I instruct the framework to use this?

Judging from you latest mails, you have started in the right direction for this approach.

Good Luck :-)
Cheers,
Dave