SOLVED: Problem w/GNUMail 1.1.0pre1 shows dates as "yesterday %r"

From: René Berber
Subject: SOLVED: Problem w/GNUMail 1.1.0pre1 shows dates as "yesterday %r"
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:51:31 -0500

On 2003-04-28 09:31:54 -0500 Rob Burns <rburns@softhome.net> wrote:

I'm using recent cvs of gnustep, which might account for the different behavior, but to clarify

my LANG variable is alwaus set to en_US.UTF-8

if my NSLanguages default is set to either Thai or English, it works well
        example: defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages "(Thai)"

if I delete my NSLanguages default, it stops working fine
        example: defaults delete NSGlobalDomian NSLanguages

I couldn't tell exactly what values you were giving NSLanguages, but it expects an array. hence the parenthasese up there. If it didn't get the right values, it would probably appear as nil, the same as deleted. and maybe explain why it still doesn't work, even when the NSLanguages default is set. But really, it doesn't seem to me that the NSLanguages default should have to be set.

Bingo! That's it. Changing the language default to a list value did correct the problem:

$ defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages "(English)"

Thanks!