Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)
Date: 16 Apr 2003 07:33:16 +0200

Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> writes:

> On 2003-04-15 19:11:57 +0000 Willem Rein Oudshoorn <woudshoo@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > - When you click in a browser column, the item is highlighed GOOD,
> >    but also the column is scrolled such that the highlighted item is  the
> > last visible item.  I would not expect any scrolling.
>
> Well, it's needed as you have sections ...

I don't understand this.  What has the scrolling in the browser to do with
sections.

> > - Clicking in the browser does not screem to scroll the textview.
> > I expect that the item I select is at least visible but nothing
> > happens.
>
> Yes, that's not a bug ... I didn't "backported" this feature with the new
> version.

I hope it comes back one day.  I like using HelpViewer to browse the class
documentation and there jumping to the right definition is a big plus.

> > Well, you could look at
> > http://www.xs4all.nl/~wim/GNUstep/autogsdoc.html,
> > there are now Base.help and Gui.help as generated with autogsdoc.
>
> It seems there is a problem, 404 error ...

Yes, I made a typo:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~woudshoo/GNUstep/autogsdoc.html

> > It would help if you could find the time to document the xlp format.
>
> Yes. The format isn't very complicate (see the examples, mainly
> Helpviewer.help), but an exact and up to date documentation won't
> hurt ...

All in good time.  I think that the examples do not show
all the posibilities.

Wim Oudshoorn.