Re: TextEdit

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: TextEdit
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:53:02 -0400

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

> From: Jeff Teunissen <deek@d2dc.net>

[snip]

> >I'm inactively maintaining it. In its current state, it doesn't really
> >need much (if any) maintenance (or porting). I don't have a place right
> >now for people to download the latest version, though if someone
> >volunteers a download location I'll be happy to send them tarballs. :)
>
>   How big is the tarballs ?

The tarball is only about 75KB, but I don't want to put it on my cable
modem.

>   Maybe I have enough space.
>   But I think a better way is to put it on Savannah or SourceForge.

Yes, but I don't want to create anything merely for an app that's in
maintenance mode (at least, while it's still in maintenance mode). GNUstep
hasn't even completely caught up with what TextEdit needs (the multi-page
view zooming is broken even on back-art, and the current RTF producer
creates some pretty execrable RTF).

And like I said, there may be a surprise or two coming (and that's the
most I'm going to say on that right now).