Re: project goal Re: Release schedule

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: project goal Re: Release schedule
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:07:05 -0400

From: Jason Clouse <jhclouse@charter.net>
To: Willem Rein Oudshoorn <woudshoo@xs4all.nl>
CC: GNUstep Discussion <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>, PhilippeC.D.Robert, philippe.robert@gmx.net, Helge Hess <helge.hess@skyrix.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:24:59 -0400

On 2003-04-15 06:26:07 +0000 Willem Rein Oudshoorn <woudshoo@xs4all.nl> wrote: That's exactly my point. There is NO way GNUstep can fill a need on X11 because, with a few minor exceptions, all the major applications that people need are already available there. That's why Fresco (and the easy portability between OS X and GNUstep) is a major opportunity. With Fresco, there IS a serious need for a desktop system and applications.

 I think the main problem of using Fresco is Cobra.
 I can't find a Objective-C interface for Cobra.
Otherwise, it is interesting (buy maybe not practical) to see a Fresco backend.

 Yen-Ju