Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 07:07:18 +0100

On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 10:39  pm, Helge Hess wrote:

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
I haven't tried it but some part features seems to/may be present in other packages:
        o mime processing, may be in pantomime
Also in the base library additions (needed in NSURL support)

Why do you need MIME for NSURL ?

Well, strictly speaking it was for HTTP rather than MIME, but they are so similar that I
implemented it as the GSMime class so it could be used generally too.

I suspect Pantomime didn't re-use it, because it had not been ported to MacOS-X

I think our major advantage is that our stuff is extremly well tested by a huge user base (we guess that at least 50.000 end-users are working with SKYRiX mail clients). It does not only process MIME according to the spec, but can also process the broken output of a number of mail clients (say Groupware, say "The Bat!", say Outlook ...).

That sounds useful.