GNUstep core compile, almost there but not quite......compile 'back' gli

From: Andy
Subject: GNUstep core compile, almost there but not quite......compile 'back' glitch............
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 05:11:32 GMT

Hi again...first off thanks to those that replied and emailed me helping
with the first 'GNUstep install on MDK 9.1' thread i started....

I've compiled make, base and gui but now with 'back' when i configure, i
get some warnings like this......

checking X11/Xft/Xft.h usability.....no
checking X11/Xft/Xft.h presence.....yes
configure: WARNING: X11/Xft/Xft.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/Xft/Xft.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: X11/Xft/Xft.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for X11/Xft/Xft.h ...yes

....configure finishes despite these warnings.

But now 'make' fails with extensive 'warnings' and 'parse errors' referencing
the Xft.h file.

The actual version of Xft.h file is v1.32 according to the comments at the
start of the Xft.h file if i view it...........this is what came with my
fresh install of mandrake 9.1 which is running XFREE 4.3

My goal is to be able to use GNUmail.app as my email software in
Windowmaker 0.80.2.

Any suggestions?.......is this Xft.h file not the right version?

Thx for any help.

rgds,
Andy.