Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:19:14 +0100

Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote:

> Serg Stoyan <stoyan@on.com.ua> writes:
>
> >   Personally, I don't like having horizontal menus. The main reason is what
> >   you said: mess in GNUstep menu code. It's hard to maintain and really
> >   noone badly need this. I've not seen any contructive objections against
> >   removing this code from GNUstep. So I'll remove it.
>
> One reason could be that it will break some version of the OpenStep
> specification, (or MacOSX).  But well, as I said before the specification
> with respect to NSMenuView is rather in flux and discontinued on MacOSX,
> so I am not sure how big a drawback this is.

What parts? NSMenuView doesn't really seem important since it isn't in
OpenStep, OPENSTEP, or (now) mosx. There's also [NSResponder
-setInterfaceStyle:], but it isn't in OpenStep or OPENSTEP, and a quick
google suggests that it doesn't do anything on mosx
(http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/macosx-dev/2002-April/025370.html).

- Alexander Malmberg