Re: Renassance patch for secure text fields

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renassance patch for secure text fields
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:30:21 +0000 (GMT)

> > > Do Renassance menus work for you on OS X? Mine are disabled.
> >
> > They did last time I tried them, but I dont have access to an OSX machine at
> > work currently. When did they stop working for you ?
>
> I started just a few weeks ago. On my BSD box all is fine,
> the same source on the Apple does display the menu, but "Open", "Save"
> etc. is all disabled.

This comment of yours has, I think, given me a hint of what the problem
you're having with menus might be.  Is 'Quit' enabled, but 'Open' disabled
? ... Are you writing an NSDocument-based application then ? :-)

Because in that case I'm not surprised it doesn't work - and that it
doesn't in this way - I started working on supporting NSDocument-based
applications using Renaissance, but I've not finised automating all of it,
and writing portable examples for all of it.

It does all work on GNUstep, I think, and the core works on Mac OS X as
well, but I didn't finish experimenting with the Mac OS X part of it.
The main remaining problem - if I remember correctly - is nothing
difficult, just that the application Info.plist on Mac OS X would not
declare the document class, document types etc in the way that Mac OS X
expects them to be declared (which is different from the GNUstep way).

You probably need to put in the xxxInfo.plist both the GNUstep and Mac OS
X entries for defining the document types ...

I'd like to finish off examining this stuff, and finish off the examples,
then you'll be able to just copy from them.

I'll try to manage looking at that as soon as possible.  Sorry for having
been offline a lot in the past weeks - I apologize.