Re: GNUstep cookbook.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: GNUstep cookbook.
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:18:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi there,

I'm glad people like the idea. We use an internal Wiki at work, BTW, and
I'm not sure that its formatting capabilities would be sufficient for an
attractive cookbook. Even HTML is a lot more powerful than Wiki markup.

As for including an entire app in the cookbook, I'd have to say that's not
the kind of format I was thinking of, where one entry would be limited to
a couple of routines or a single class/protocol. I think it is important
that people could get the basic idea of a recipe by thinking about it for
a couple of minutes and without having to read a lot of code to discover
the code structure of a complete application.

The suggestion that everybody should be responsible for his own
contributions seems excellent.

I would probably be able to contribute some recipes to help the project
get started. That would be after we decide what kind of file format to
use.

Best regards,

Marko

Bis zu 100 MB Speicher bei http://premiummail.yahoo.de