Re: Another Newb Question

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: Another Newb Question
Date: 03 Mar 2003 09:24:31 +0100

Sean Fulton <rfulton@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I use KDE as my desktop enviroment. Some things don't seem to work right in
> Gorm (and other apps) and I'm guessing KDE is getting in the way.

> Menu shortcuts don't work.

Hm, I have to check this.  Unfortunately I do not have KDE installed
and actually I am not sure if I want to try this.
However, I am finishing up a partly rewrite of the NSMenu code so
I will tackle this issue next.

> Ctl-dragging between instances and widgets doesn't
> work.

I do not completely understand what you try to do.
I got as far as that you want Ctr drag something to something else
and it does not work as you expect.  So could you eleborate on this?

> And, since I upgraded to KDE 3.1, submenus have window decorations
> which causes the mouse to highlight a menu item one below where the cursor
> actually is. i.e. if the cursor is over the 'Document' menu item, the 'Edit'
> menu item has focus. (This wasn't a problem in KDE 3.0.)

Probably GNUstep and KDE 3.1 use a different set of hints.  So do not
know if it is fixable in KDE.  The only wild guess I can make
is for looking for an aption that talks about windowmanager hints / ICCCM
or something like that and experiment with this.

Also I would like to promote the use of the bug tracking system.  So
you are kindly invited to report these bugs to

http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group=gnustep

Wim Oudshoorn.