Re: Latest gnustep releases (Foundation and AppKit)

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: Latest gnustep releases (Foundation and AppKit)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:07:16 +0100

On 2003-02-26 18:16:06 +0100 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 03:54 AM, Andreas Heppel wrote:
<snip>

GNUstep set's the locale when it starts up, so that processing is in the user's local language (and that affects all functions in the glibc library). Perhaps that's not right though? Perhaps only the higher level NSString parsing should do that and not the lower level programmer interface?

OK, I understand. I must admit that I didn't know that the glibc is completely localized. I think we should stick with this behaviour, though I actually don't really like it. But it makes things more consistent.

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net