Re: Compatibility to NeXT Runtime

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Compatibility to NeXT Runtime
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:58:23 -0800

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:38:34 +0100
Philip Mötteli <moetteli.bulk@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> That's what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, most of the things I need,
> are not yet implemented. I would need, what is defined under
> GNU_RUNTIME. So apparently the other way round, compared with what you
> needed. Especially objc_msgSend() would be great to have.
> So far I have a problem: I try, as you, to replace only the name,
> where necessary. As an example:
> #define class_get_instance_method     class_getInstanceMethod
> But when I compile it, I get the same error, as if I wouldn't have
> defined anything:
>       OBObject.m:57: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `class_getInstanceMethod'
> Even if I put the definition just the line before its application.
> I don't understand that.

Try

  #define class_getInstanceMethod(aClass, aSelector) \
        ( class_get_instance_method((aClass), (aSelector)) )

You might want to take a look at
http://www.knuddel.org/Projects/KoKit/Documentation/KoBase/Macros.html#003000000000
http://www.knuddel.org/Projects/KoKit/Documentation/KoBase/Functions.html#002000000000
<shameless plug />