ANN: StepTalk 0.7.0

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: ANN: StepTalk 0.7.0
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:02:31 +0100

Hi all,

I am glad to announce the StepTalk release 0.7.0

ABOUT

StepTalk is GNUstep scripting framework with set of tools for executing scripts
and interactive scripting (StepTalk shell).

NEWS

* Added ability to use any bundle or framework for scripting
* Moved scripting information from bundle info dictionary into separate file.
* Replaced .stmodules with plain bundles and removed STModule class
* Smalltalk parser is now more intelligend on parsing numbers and assignments
* Added conditional GDL2 module installation.
* Removed many compilation warnings
* Small improvements and bug-fixes.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You have to remove and reinstall all modules
(Library/StepTalk/Modules), because the bundle format has changed.

WHERE TO GET IT

http://steptalk.host.sk

DOCUMENTATION

Documentation for both, users and decelopers can be found on GNUstep wiki pages:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Scripting

COMMING UP

* Application scripting support bundle with scripting user interface
* On-notification and timed execution of scripts

Let me know if you have any questions, ideas, bug-reports or patches.

Enjoy,

Stefan Urbanek