Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 2, Issue 68

From: Jonathan Gapen
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 2, Issue 68
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:45:27 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Nicolas ROARD wrote:
> Do you know what exactly is broking the bundle loading ? because it
> seems that I have the same problem in trying to compile gnustep under
> mac os x 10.2.3 with gcc 3.2.1 (not using the apple gcc) ...

     There's some really hairy code that sets up a callback function so
that gnustep-base can register in NSBundle the classes loaded from a
shared object.  When using gnustep-objc with gcc 3.2, as far as I could
tell in GDB, a global variable in libobjc doesn't get set with the address
of the callback function, so libobjc can't call it and gnustep-base can't
register any classes in NSBundle.

--
 "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and