Re: Unimplemented AppKit classes

From: Jonathan Gapen
Subject: Re: Unimplemented AppKit classes
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 06:51:10 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 discuss-gnustep-request@gnu.org wrote:
> From: Alexander Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu>
> Subject: Unimplemented AppKit classes

> *NSMovie (QuickTime movie wrapper, quite proprietary)
> *NSMovieView (again, QT movie wrapper, also quite proprietary)

     It's not a general solution, but theoretically the X11 backend could
embed MPlayer to get support for every popular video codec out there.  I
say theoretically because the documentation on how to do so is scarce, and
it doesn't want to work on my system.  But others have embedded it in
GTK+, QT and Netscape plugins, so it must be possible.