Re: KHTML in GNUStep?

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: KHTML in GNUStep?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:27:34 -0800

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:11:12 -0500
Jason Clouse <jhclouse@juno.com> wrote:
> What is Gecko written in?  C++?  If so, it seems that it would be

It is, just like KHTML.

> easier and more profitable to go with the Mozilla renderer than KHTML.
> Maybe someone with access to OS X could volunteer to help rewrite the
> Chimera GUI with Renaissance?

Looking only at the rendering engine, Gecko is about twice as big as
KHTML - so "porting" KHTML would be, if not easier, at least quicker.

Why is everyone so narrow-focused on Gecko/Mozilla anyway?

Even Gecko/Mozilla developer admit that it's bloated, compared to KHTML,
and doesn't implement HTML4 or (even) CSS1 (let alone CSS2) as close as
should be...
I'm not saying KHTML is "better" - I'm just wondering.

--
Chris