Re[2]: GNUstep repository (was LinuxSTEP + Integration of apps)

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: GNUstep repository (was LinuxSTEP + Integration of apps)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 19:58:47 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:43:18 +0530 (IST) Mayuresh Kathe <mayuresh@vsnl.com>
wrote:

 >| On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
 >|
 >| >  >| install a server with enough bandwidth.
 >| >
 >| > We (Oxymium) have servers (depending on which kind of specific features
 >are needed) and
 >| > bandwith so we could act as the main download point. Financially,  we
 >can't pay for more
 >| > than 100 Gb of traffic per month for GNUstep but I think it would be easy
 >to find mirrors.
 >|
 >| There we go, one part of the problem is solved...
 >| Since its the 100Gb limit (thats huge I'd say :)
 >| we could put the app repository out there, and keep the ISOs on mirrors
 >| *only*...

Or may be better: put iso on ftp.gnustep.org so all is in one place, limit
concurrent
FTP connections so downloads will be < 100 Gb / Month and display a list of
mirror when
someone want to connect when the limit has been reached.

Manuel
Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998