Volunteer(s) needed: PyObjC support for GNUStep

From: Bill Bumgarner
Subject: Volunteer(s) needed: PyObjC support for GNUStep
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:41:14 -0500

The PyObjC project recently hit an important milestone with the release of 0.8. Namely, subclassing works and it is now possible to build full-featured Cocoa applications entirely in Python.

In the process of moving from 0.6.1 to 0.8, we lost support for GNUStep and the GNU Objective-C runtime mostly because no one on the project currently has an active GNUStep environment.

We would really like to regain GNUStep compatibility again -- ideally, it would be possible to write a Python based OpenStep app that works under GNUStep and Cocoa without recompilation [this would obviously require some care in ensuring that one only exercised APIs that two still have in common].

See http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/ for more information.

Thanks!

b.bum