NSThread load balancing

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: NSThread load balancing
Date: 16 Dec 2002 15:46:20 +0100

Hello,

in a DO application I detach many threads for which I need to measure
resource consumption to balance system load.
NSThread unfortunately doesn't supply any information about cpu/mem
usage nor seems there be a possibility to exit a NSThread by force.

I would propose to add a GNUstep specific function that leaks internal
data structures about the thread on which system calls could be
performed to get the required information.

Any suggestions/corrections welcome.

Thanks, best wishes,

        Stefan