Re: Bundle won't install in custom location (libraries, tools do)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Bundle won't install in custom location (libraries, tools do)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:57:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Andreas,

> Hi all,
>
> I usually have GNUmakefile.postamble files like the following:
>
> after-install::
>          cd $(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR); \
>          $(INSTALL) MyTestAppResources /Library/some/path;

I'm not sure what you want to do, but if what you want is to install your
bundle into /Library/some/path, what about using BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR ?
Something like -

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR = $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Library/some/path

BUNDLE_NAME = MyTestAppResources
MyTestAppResources_HEADER_FILES = MyTestAppResources.h
MyTestAppResources_OBJC_FILES = MyTestAppResources.m
... etc ...

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/bundle.make

This should make it.  (Please note using GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR so that
if the user does for example a

make GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR=$GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT install

your makefile will still work nicely).

Similary, for libraries and tools you can decide where you want to be
installed by setting -

LIBRARY_INSTALL_DIR = $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Libraries/

TOOL_INSTALL_DIR = $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Tools/

(of course, change the right hand side to be the location you want to
install the library/tool to, but, *recommended*, use a path built upon
GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR).

No need to write custom after-install:: code then, which I think it should
be easier for you.

If I missed your question, or if this doesn't work for you, please let me
know! :-)