Re: GNUstep apps segfault on startup with Debian packages

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep apps segfault on startup with Debian packages
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:47:10 -0700

These are all very odd problems. Is it possible to get a gdb backtrace? You can go

debugapp MyApp.app
> run
{crash}
> bt

And your path should include $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Tools/ ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/gpbs, unless GNUstep.sh is not getting sourced. Or unless you have a very old version of GNUstep installed.

Jim Balhoff wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion - I didn't have my .xinitrc configured (but this hasn't stopped GNUstep in my previous setup - I just let the first app start it up). So I used the file from the buildguide. I had to put a link from $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Tools/gpbs to $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Tools/ ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/gpbs for gpbs to be found. But anyway, starting gpbs results in "Segmentation fault" as well. Another weird thing is that all the "defaults write" commands produce "defaults write: domain is not a dictionary!"

Thanks - still not working,
Jim