Announcing GConnectFour.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Announcing GConnectFour.
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:31:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

GConnectFour is a simple game where players drop their chips into
seven parallel slots that can hold six chips each. The player who is
the first to have a vertical, horizontal or diagonal run of at least
four chips of his color wins.

The game is available on http://www.gnustep.it/marko/index.html.

I would be grateful for any feedback you may have as to how the
algorithm can be beaten. I implemented a sort of minmax routine, but
it's been a long time since I learned the minmax paradigm and I'm not
sure that my code works correctly. Please send the contents of the
board if you are able to win against the program, so that I can
improve the algorithm, assuming you have the time.

Enjoy!

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |