Re: next round: gnustep website proposal

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: next round: gnustep website proposal
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:46:20 +0100

On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 01:53 am, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

the next versions of a proposal for the GNUstep website are online now. You can view them at:

http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch_version_2/
http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch_version_3/
http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch_version_4/

Sorry to be negative but ...

Design-wise (layout of boxes, borders etc) I think the existing site is considerably superior to any of the three redesigns (even with the dark background and sick looking olive green).

My wifes impression overall was 'so 90s ... very dated with the thick borders', but she particularly
disliked website-relaunch_version_2

website-relaunch_version_4 has the merit of a light background ... making the text easier to read, but all three have text which is too small, and *MUCH* too crowded. I think this design is trying to do too much, and most of the stuff on it should be on secondary pages with large clear links from
the front page.