Re: gnustep-base on msys/mingw: make always regenerates

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gnustep-base on msys/mingw: make always regenerates
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:10:43 -0600

Marcel Weiher wrote:

I will report on details later, but right now the problem is that although I can compile+link a small test-program, (pretty much hello-world.m with one class reference), this doesn't run. It exits with an NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason "Runtime incorrectly configured to pass argframes". The nice thing is that it at least behaves identically from a plain DOS prompt, so that was good to see ;-)

There were some problems installing the ffcall library, so my working guess is that it's related to that. For example, gnustep-base's autoconf wouldn't autodetect ffcall no matter where I put libs + headers (or at least so it seemed) so I had to specify this on the configure command line.

Could be.

What does configure say, exactly (send me the config.log file)?

It seems more likely that the libobjc library does not handle ffcall. Did you install gnustep-objc?

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you