Re: Double-click in GWorkspace

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: Double-click in GWorkspace
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:31:48 +0200

On 2002-10-08 18:07:28 +0300 Enrico Sersale <enrico@www.imago.ro> wrote:

I should have listed the setup of my system in the last mail. Maybe that's
relevant.

gnustep-make 1.4.0
gnustep-base 1.4.0
gnustep-gui 0.8.0
gnustep-back 0.8.0

You need gnustep-gui > 0.8.1 or, better, from cvs.

This because a method of NSWindow, -sendEvent: was changed to send the
mouseUp event after a mouseDown exactly to the same view that got the
mouseDown and not to the firstResponder.

This caused GWorkspace to crash, because, double-clicking an icon causes
the content of the icons view to change to show the contents of the new
directory.

Doing this in -mouseDown: result in the icon deallocated before the last
mouseUp event.

To avoid this, actually GWorkspace calls the method that change to the new
dir in -mouseUp:

OK. This works. Beautiful (and pretty fast) :-)
The only problem I have now is that the GUI 0.8.1 somehow screws up window
positions. As long as there is part of the window visible that's not a problem.
I can then drag the window to a fitting position. Unfortunately, GNUMail's menu
is somewhere completely off screen. How do I get it back?

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel